Website Selendy & Gay
Selendy & Gay is seeking a highly motivated legal recruiting professional to join our Legal Talent & Recruiting team. As the firm moves into its third year we continue to grow; in the number of high stakes, complex issues our clients turn to us for help with, in the number of awards and recognitions our work has earned us, and in the number of attorneys we need to tackle the most cutting edge legal issues.
· Support and help coordinate the on-campus recruiting process, including collecting and uploading candidate materials, scheduling callback interviews, preparing materials needed for OCI and callback interviews, attend OCI/hospitality suites as needed, tracking and follow up with attorneys for evaluations, assist in organizing agenda materials for hiring meetings, updating legal recruiting database timely and accurately and sending appropriate communication to candidates regarding their employment status.
· Represent firm as point of contact for law schools’ Career Services Offices.
· Coordinate interviews for lateral and clerk candidates at the direction of Recruiting Manager; includes organizing interview schedules, collecting interviewer feedback, manage viRecruit updating, and prepare materials for review by hiring partners.
· Serve as a point of contact for legal placement agencies and/or prospective candidates from the initial screening stage through decision stage.
· Help to identify and organize outreach initiatives, including attending and engaging candidates at 1L and/or clerk recruiting receptions designed to market the firm.
· Manage and track relationships and sponsorships with on-campus student groups throughout the year.
· Help manage logistics and arrange for on-campus events, coordinating logistics for travel with attorneys, sending materials as needed, and liaising with student organizations.
· Support the execution of the summer associate program including logistical planning, work assignment tracking, preparing for mid-summer and end-of-summer evaluations, processing invoices and payments as needed and tracking overall financial obligations. Organize, execute and attend summer program social events, trainings and other duties associated with the summer program as directed.
· Use the legal recruiting database viRecruit to ensure all candidate statuses are updated and accurately reflected in all reporting functionality so statistics and data can be generated with accuracy.
· Perform additional duties as assigned by the legal recruiting and development team, including ad hoc projects with the management team as required.
Experience / Qualifications and Skills:
· Minimum 1-2 years recruiting experience, ideally in the law firm environment.
· BA/BS from an accredited college or university.
· Proficiency in the use of computer programs including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT) and experience in database programs such as viRecruit (or LawCruit), Symplicity, etc.
· Highly motivated with strong initiative skills and exceptional attention to detail, understanding how smaller pieces or details fit into a larger plan or project.
· Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills who takes a proactive approach to work.
· Takes ownership over tasks & demonstrates ability to operate both within a team and autonomously.
· Energetic and collegial; ability to build strong relationships throughout the firm including with summer associates, senior leadership, and other internal constituencies.
· Acts with honesty, integrity, courtesy and respect in all instances.
· Thinks and plans logically, making sure ideas and issues are thoroughly evaluated.
· Team player, responsive and proactive, anticipating the needs of the team.
Proactive in learning and evaluating potential problems with a solution orientated approach.
Applicants should send a cover letter (300 word maximum) and resume to email@example.com