Website Ropes & Gray LLP
Ropes & Gray LLP is a preeminent global law firm focused on providing the highest-quality advice on our clients’ critical legal and business issues. Our New York Legal Recruiting Department is expanding and we are seeking a highly-organized and enthusiastic individual to help us organize activities related to the recruiting and hiring of lawyers (entry level and lateral). This position reports to the Senior Manager of Legal Recruiting and works with other Legal Recruiting colleagues across all our offices.
- Assist the Senior Manager of Legal Recruiting and Practice Group Leaders (PGLs) with lateral associate recruiting initiatives including reviewing and processing resumes, identifying and presenting qualified candidates to the PGLs, organize interview schedules, collect and synthesize interviewer’s feedback, generate offer letters, submit conflict and background checks paperwork and organize local orientation logistics.
- Support the on-campus recruiting process, including hosting hospitality suites, preparing materials needed for callback meetings, scheduling callback interviews, track and follow-up with attorneys for evaluations, assist senior manager in organizing agenda materials for local office hiring partner meetings, updating legal recruiting database (LawCruit) and coordinates appropriate communication to candidates regarding their employment status.
- Continuously keep on-campus interviewing lawyers apprised of the status of their call back candidates.
- Help to organize outreach initiatives, including attending and engaging candidates at 1L recruiting receptions designed to market the firm.
- Network and partner with career services personnel and faculty to raise firm’s profile.
- Support the execution of the local office summer associate program including logistical planning, work assignment tracking, preparing for mid-summer and end-of-summer evaluations, organize and attend summer program social events and other duties associated with the summer program as assigned by the Senior Manager of Legal Recruiting.
- Using the legal recruiting database (LawCruit), generate recruiting reports and statistics.
- Represents the firm through membership at local legal recruiting organization (NYCRA); stay current of evolving developments in recruiting field.
- Perform additional project-based assignments as assigned by the Senior Manager of Legal Recruiting.
- Flexibility in responding quickly and positively to shifting demands.
- Must be team-oriented and share information, goals, opportunities, successes and failures with the appropriate parties.
- Ability to work in a multi-office environment.
- Must be innovative and proactive.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to follow up and follow through.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Two - five years of executive recruiting or attorney professional development experience at a mid-sized or large law firm. Candidates from career services or other professional services industry are also welcomed to apply.
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience with database programs (e.g., LawCruit, Symplicity); advanced social media (LinkedIn etc.) and web-based programs skills are highly desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Please apply at Ropes & Gray - Legal Recruiting Coordinator