Website Perkins Coie LLP
At Perkins Coie, we look for individuals that are self-motivated, dedicated to providing value and superior services and, above all, people who have a high degree of integrity and enthusiasm for their work. We’ve created a company culture that is based on collaboration, devotion to serving our clients, and mutual respect. Perkins Coie is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion both within the firm and throughout our collective communities. Work for one of the 100 Best Workplaces in America, get great health insurance, tuition reimbursement, your birthday off, and paid sabbaticals.
This position is responsible for overseeing and coordinating law student recruiting activities across all offices and implementing the recruiting activities in the manager’s office.
Firmwide Law Student Recruiting Responsibilities
- Oversee the recruitment of 2L students. Manage and implement timeline and document processes, policies, and best practices. Recommend national and local schools for on-campus interviews, coordinate registration for interviews at those schools, and coordinate related logistics, e.g., posting positions, reviewing resumes, planning hospitality suites and receptions, etc. Recommend, solicit, and confirm on-campus interviewers. Plan and coordinate interviewer training programs and generate interviewer materials. Recommend and oversee firmwide pre-recruiting activities as well as on-campus events during the academic year. Produce recruiting materials specifically for 2L student recruiting.
- Oversee the recruitment of 1L students for practice group fellowships. Coordinating with the Diversity Recruiting Manager, manage and implement process timeline. Confirm practice group hiring goals, produce promotion materials, and coordinate promotion events and efforts with law schools and student affinity groups. Coordinate “stay in touch” activities following the recruitment process. Review and update policies as necessary.
- Manage and implement the timeline for planning and executing the summer associate program. Oversee annually the development of a coordinated approach to onboarding, orientation, training, and social events across all offices. Develop and update written policies and best practices related to the summer program.
- Coordinate the availability of all program information on firm intranet. Plan and produce the annual summer associate retreat, including logistics, communications, programming, activities and staffing.
- Manage and implement the timeline for pre-arrival communications for fall associates, bar registration, stipend processes, relocation processes, and onboarding and orientation activities. Review and update policies as necessary.
- Oversee coordinated outreach efforts at national law schools to increase the firm’s visibility.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources Information Systems team to ensure Workday Recruiting meets the needs of the recruiting team for purposes of application submission and processing, applicant tracking, prospective applicant tracking, scheduling interviews, generating offer letters, and producing data and reports.
- Ensure efficient maintenance and production of all student recruiting data. Provide regular and ad hoc reports and analysis of law student recruiting, summer associate and fall associate data.
- Confirm student hiring goals annually, including 1L and 2L hiring goals. Coordinate process for approving offers to summer associates at the end of each summer and the process for assigning summer associates to practice groups following graduation.
- Develop annual firmwide student recruiting budget and coordinate development of office student recruiting budgets. Monitor spending relative to the approved budget.
Office Law Student Recruiting Activities
- Manage 2L students on-campus interview processes for local schools and assigned national schools. Review resumes and select candidates for on-campus interviews where necessary. Manage callback interview process, including scheduling callback interviews, facilitating offer decisions following callback interviews, extending offers, and coordinating follow-up recruitment efforts after offers are extended. Facilitate work of office hiring committee.
- Manage 1L student recruitment process for diversity and practice group fellows.
- Manage review and selection of candidates for interviews, screening and callback interview processes, offer decision process, and follow up after offers. Manage “stay in touch” activities following the recruitment process. Facilitate work of fellowship hiring committee.
- Manage summer associate program including onboarding, orientation, training, social events, work assignments, work evaluations, midsummer and end-of-summer reviews, and offer decisions. Facilitate work of summer associate committee.
- Manage fall associate’s pre-arrival communications, bar registration and stipend processes, relocation processes, and onboarding and orientation activities.
- Provide support for outreach efforts at local law schools and assigned national law schools. Ensure maintenance and production of student recruiting data. Develop annual student recruiting budget. Monitor spending relative to the approved budget.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
Excellent project management skills, communication skills, and document drafting skills are required. Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, is required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of five years of manager-level legal recruiting experience at an Am Law 100 law firm, or the equivalent, is required. J.D. is preferred.
Candidates will be considered in the New York, Los Angeles and Palo Alto regions.