Website Jones Day
Jones Day has an excellent opportunity for a Recruiting Manager in the New York office. The position is available due to an internal promotion.
The Office Recruiting Manager is responsible for all aspects of lawyer and law student recruiting. The Office Recruiting Manager will work in coordination with the Office Hiring Partner, Office Administrator, and the Firmwide Recruiting Director who is also in the NY Office. With assistance from Recruiting Department staff, the Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Law School Recruiting - managing all on-campus arrangements and interview schedules; planning and executing receptions and dinners; implementing strategic law school outreach.
- Summer Associate and First-Year Programs - managing the programs, planning and executing the on-boarding process, educational and social events; monitoring workload and evaluations.
- Lateral Recruiting - assisting practice groups in identifying candidates; coordinating interview schedules and evaluations; administering the conflict clearance process; on-boarding and orientation.
- Other duties - coordinating Continuing Legal Education (CLE) programs; assisting with Diversity programs and supporting the Diversity Committee; maintaining and updating computer programs for recruiting; generating management reports and charts; coaching and developing the recruiting staff; managing the recruiting budget.
- Four-year college degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a managerial role, and minimum 5 years in a law firm recruiting department.
- Significant experience with on-campus recruiting, summer associate programs and lateral hiring.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities, and see projects through to completion.
- Ability to work and communicate with a wide range of people, including in a team setting.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships within the department, Office and Firm, as well as vendors and others outside the Firm.
- Knowledge of viRecruit applicant tracking, work allocation, and reporting systems preferred.
- MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.