Website Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading global law firms with over 4,000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices is seeking an attorney recruiting manager reporting to the east coast senior manager of attorney recruiting. This position will reside in the New York office and will be responsible for managing associate and other non-partner attorney recruiting programs, including law student recruiting, lateral attorney hiring and the Summer Associate Program.
- Partner with New York hiring partners and Recruiting Committee to develop and implement recruiting strategies at target law schools
- Collaborate with a team of recruiters across our offices to ensure firmwide consistency, and to share resourceful and creative programming
- Provide leadership and training for the New York attorney recruiting coordinator and assistant, as well as other members of the firmwide recruiting team
- Drive efforts to increase firm visibility at target law schools
- Develop and foster law school career services and search firm relationships
Oversee the interview process, candidate communications, and database management
- Design and manage the Summer Associate Program social events, trainings, and evaluations
- Work with practice group leadership to determine short term and long term lawyer hiring needs
- Analyze recruiting trends and implement strategies to directly source laterals
- Facilitate the successful orientation and integration of new lawyer joiners
- Work with the east coast senior manager of attorney recruiting on strategic projects as needed
- Ensure compliance with the firm's hiring policies and AAP guidelines
- Establish and maintain the recruiting department budget
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five years of law firm recruiting experience, with at least two years in a supervisory capacity; the equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of high-volume legal recruiting programs
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to internal and external clients
- Team player who is committed to superior standards of professionalism and productivity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to work well under pressure
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information
- Detail-oriented work manner, and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive and flexible approach, and willingness to adjust to changing priorities
- Available and willing to travel and attend events and to work hours as needed to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, LawCruit, WorkDay, or other applicant tracking system
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
Professional Staff positions – 1-866-963-7137 / email@example.com
Lawyer/Summer Associate positions – firstname.lastname@example.org
Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis
Please apply on our website.