Website Manatt, Phelps & Phillips LLP
MANATT, PHELPS & PHILLIPS, LLP, is one of the nation’s premier law and consulting firms, known for quality and extraordinary commitment to clients and integrated, relationship-based services. We are notably progressive and entrepreneurial and are deeply committed to diversity, public service and excellence in all we do.
Manatt currently has an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Growth Assistant in either our Los Angeles, CA, Washington, D.C. or New York office. This position will provide support to the Strategic Growth and Initiatives (SGI) Department and will report to the Senior Manager of SGI. The SGI Department manages the firm’s strategy surrounding the proactive targeting and recruiting of top lateral partner, managing director, counsel and associate candidates to the firm and also supports broader strategic projects that align with the firm’s overall business strategy.
This full-time position is responsible for the administrative management of lateral candidates as they advance through our recruiting process, and for providing support to the SGI Department. This position includes work of a highly confidential and complex nature; the successful candidate will work closely with all levels of firm administration across all U.S. offices on various lateral attorney and student level recruiting, training and development, as well as other team initiatives. This individual must be comfortable working at a fast pace while not compromising attention to detail and overall work product.
- Updating and maintaining the firm’s candidate database, viRecruit, and ensuring the accuracy of all candidate profiles, data points and relevant documentation.
- Coordinating and scheduling candidate interviews, including preparing and distributing interview schedules electronically to all relevant parties, and documenting interview schedules in viRecruit.
- Distributing, collecting and compiling evaluations of candidates from lawyers and professionals and distributing them to the necessary individuals for review.
- Owning and maintaining numerous recruiting files (tracking sheets, reports, etc.) and databases.
- Monitoring and maintaining the Recruiting mailbox, replying to candidate and recruiter inquiries, and forwarding messages and candidate submissions to the appropriate team members for review and follow-up as necessary.
- Generating and distributing various reports on lateral associate and student recruiting, including relevant metrics, candidates in the pipeline, interview schedules, and other action items and next steps needed to advance candidates through our process.
- Performing other administrative and strategic projects as necessary.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (knowledge of viRecruit a plus).
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess finely developed written and verbal communication skills and excellent organizational skills, and work proactively with precision and follow-up.
- Be client service oriented and able to relate to people at all levels within the firm.
- Function well in a team environment, be responsive and possess a “will do” attitude.
- Ability to recognize confidential information and maintain confidentiality of information.
The base annual pay range for this role is between $50,000-$55,000. The base pay to be offered will vary and depend on skills and qualifications, experience, location and will also take into account internal equity. A full range of medical, financial and/or other benefits dependent on the position will also be offered.
Manatt is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, physical or mental disability, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex or gender (including gender identity, gender expression, status as a transgender or transsexual individual, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age (over 40), genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, sexual orientation, political activity or affiliation, genetic or and any other protected classes or characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the American Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, this employer uses E-Verify’s photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) photograph. If you believe that your employer has violated its responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).