Website Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
The Legal Personnel Recruiting Assistant will focus on the administration and coordination of the Firm's summer associate and on-campus recruitment programs. The Recruiting Assistant will interact on a daily basis with our partners and associates, summer associates and various Firm and law school administrators.
- Processing applications;
- Generating and filing correspondence;
- Maintaining law school campus relations files;
- Supporting 1L hiring and preparing materials for managers’ and hiring partners’ review;
- Assisting with the execution of 1L and recruiting events both on-campus and off-campus;
- Representing the Firm at various events, including hospitality suites, cocktail parties and offer dinners;
- Overseeing all details related to a set of on-campus law schools; including, hospitality suite logistics, applicant tracking database entry and corresponding responses to law students;
- Engaging with applicants while ushering them to in-office interviews;
- Identifying associates for applicant interview lunches;
- Completing law school summer program and recruiting season outcome forms;
- Processing applicant expenses and managing law firm cross-billing;
- Assisting with off season hiring efforts (e.g. clerkship hiring, laterals, LL.M. hiring, etc.);
- Assisting with preparation for Summer Associate Weekend;
- Assisting with all aspects of summer associate onboarding (e.g. conflicts clearance process, drafting of summer associate biographies and monitoring of submission of onboarding materials, etc.);
- Attending summer associate events;
- Serving as Legal Personnel liaison for a group of summer associates; including frequent monitoring of summer associates’ experiences and conducting exit interviews;
- Assisting with summer associate departure procedures and preparing offer letters;
- Processing monthly expense reports;
- Assisting with preparation of annual Post-Mortem and Hiring Goals meetings;
- Supporting ad hoc hiring partner reporting;
- Documenting processes and procedures; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one year of applicable experience in a professional service industry;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Ability to interact with attorneys and staff in a professional manner;
- Ability to work well under pressure and coordinate several activities at one time; and
- Availability to work overtime, as needed.
This position is located in our New York office. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision care, 401(k) and health club privileges.