The Law School Relations & Diversity Recruiting Specialist provides organizational and administrative support to the Associate Director of U.S. Law School Relations and Recruiting Strategy. Core responsibilities will focus on communications with law school career services representatives, engaging with diverse student groups related to on-campus and in-office programing, support for Orrick founded career fairs, and assistance with diversity focused lateral hiring initiatives.
The incumbent is responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with Orrick’s client service standards and core values.
Law School Relations/ Campus Recruiting:
- Strategizes Fall Recruiting / On-Campus Interview Programs in line with firm goals and initiatives.
- Works closely with the Associate Director and Business Unit recruiting leads to identify schools and programs that align with firm strategy.
- Prepares and organizes registration materials for on-campus interviewing.
- Coordinates OCI and Pre-OCI dates across offices. Make all necessary arrangements at law schools for on-campus interviewing.
- Collaborates with local office recruiting managers, and designs and arranges for on-campus events throughout the year as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains relationships with law school career services contacts.
- Point of contact for recruiting technology systems.
- Stays knowledgeable of law school trends, new developments and initiatives.
- Works closely with the Associate Director of U.S. Law School Relations and Recruiting Strategy and local office Recruiting Managers on diversity focused initiatives.
- Supporting internal and external diversity-recruiting related and affinity group programming.
- Overseeing the Recruiting D&I related budget and sponsorship requests.
- Building positive relationships with law schools and student groups, including outreach to student affinity groups.
- Assisting with recruitment efforts as they relate to diverse laterals and students.
- Assisting with the selection and preparation of firm representatives for diversity recruiting related speaking engagements.
- Assists with organization and execution of large-scale diversity focused career fairs.
- Assists with organization and execution of firmwide sector fellowships.
- Recruiting point of contact for LCLD and SEO programs
- Support overall departmental needs with special projects. This includes firmwide projects.
- Attend diversity-related events.
- Stay informed of developments as they relate to D&I efforts in the legal profession
- 5+ years of law firm recruiting experience preferred.
- D&I or applicable experience in a service industry
- BS/BA degree.
- Knowledge of attorney recruiting field and procedures.
- Familiarity with Lawcruit preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize/prioritize work while handling multiple projects and shifting responsibilities.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Exercises strong judgment when handling confidential/sensitive matters.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Performs as a team player.
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating needs, including occasional evenings and weekends.