Website Latham & Watkins LLP
Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is seeking a Lateral Associate Recruiting Coordinator to join our dynamic team in New York. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation, and collaboration.
As a Lateral Associate Recruiting Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating activities and processes for all lateral associate recruiting and hiring, including working with practice groups to devise search strategies, drafting and placing advertisements, working with legal search firms, pre-screening resumes, and coordinating interviews, offers, and rejections for the firm. Other key responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Senior Coordinator of Lateral Associate Hiring with all phases of recruiting and hiring efforts for lateral associate hires
- Keeping up-to-date on the current state of the legal hiring market, including trends, policies, procedures, and vendors, through involvement in national, regional, and local associations
- Proactively identifying lateral associate needs for the firm by reaching out to Local Department Chairs (LDCs) and Practice Group Chairs (PGCs), and communicating with the local and global recruiting teams, office leadership, and members of the Associates Committee regarding lateral associate hiring needs for the firm
- Conferring with legal search firms regarding hiring needs and status for active associate candidates, including developing relationships with placement agencies to encourage and maintain valid resources for lateral associate hires, as well as planning and hosting practice area discussions for preferred agencies to educate them about the work done by each of our practice groups and to build rapport
- Marketing lateral associate openings as appropriate with placement agencies, legal employment websites, and legal publications
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm
- The ability to work in a team environment with a customer service focus
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A High School Diploma or equivalent, with a Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience with professional recruiting
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding career opportunity and welcoming environment, but will also be provided with a generous total compensation package with bonuses awarded in recognition of both individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program which includes:
- Healthcare, life, and disability insurance
- A generous 401k plan
- 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure
- Wellness programs (e.g. membership to HeadSpace, access to mental health services, well-being events, etc.)
- Professional Development programs
- Employee discounts
- And more!
Additionally, the firm offers a range of diversity programming including through our Global Affinity Groups. These groups provide a firmwide platform to share experiences and advice as well as an opportunity to participate in a supportive network with common interests to help make life at the firm even better.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, pro bono work, and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to support one of the world's leading law firms. Our lawyers, paralegals, and professional staff worldwide comprise a rich mixture of different races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, sexual orientations, cultures, and primary languages. Our diversity makes us who we are.
Latham & Watkins is also committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees and partners, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, we require all partners and employees based in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a documented underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents such vaccination. Offers of employment will be conditioned upon applicants presenting proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or obtaining an exemption on medical or religious grounds.
Please click here to review your rights under U.S. employment laws.