Website Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
As a member of the Firmwide Legal Recruiting & Development Department (“LRD”), the CareerLink Assistant for the New York office will provide general administrative support to the CareerLink Team.
The CareerLink program provides industry-leading support to Kirkland attorneys, alumni and Firm clients in defining and pursuing career success. Harnessing the global reach of Kirkland’s brand and connections, CareerLink delivers value through in-depth career coaching, innovative program and resource development, and network building.
This role supports administrative tasks, reporting & metrics, multiple databases/platforms, events and logistics, and ad hoc requests. The ideal candidate will bring a unique blend of organizational skills, have attention to detail, have a “can do” attitude, and will work collaboratively with various internal and external stakeholders.
This role will work collaboratively and seamlessly with resources across the Legal Recruiting & Development channels and other departments in areas such as: Alumni Engagement, Events Planning, Recruiting, Professional Development/Training and Marketing & Communications.
- Assist with the research, compilation, distribution and archiving of a comprehensive weekly report, including communication with internal and external sources of information
- Draft weekly e-mails capturing and distributing updated information from the report to select parties
- Update databases on weekly basis to reflect current report
- Maintain the details of information provided in the report in an organized and efficiently retrievable system, and respond to email requests for such detailed information
CareerLink Data & Tracking
- Create, update and close out client profiles in database
Update and maintain information across multiple databases
Pull data reports
- Distribute and compile the results of client exit surveys
- Using information from clients and the weekly report, contribute to creation of monthly statistics
- Help create agendas and schedule meetings
- Assist with marketing projects
- Assist coaches on scheduling, travel and conference attendance
- Assist coaches in developing yearly strategy
- Assist with the creation of and maintenance of program process documents
Events & Programs
- Assist with program logistics and coordinate with clients and other team members to collect, organize and deliver necessary information
- Assist team members with event related tasks such as creating meeting agendas and summaries, tracking event-related expenses, archiving program materials.
Budget & Expenses
- File all expenses for CareerLink team members
- File all CareerLink-related expenses and invoices (ordering books, materials, etc.)
- Assist with tracking the CareerLink budget
- Any other functions/duties as assigned by the CareerLink Coaches, including working across the larger Legal Recruiting & Development team.
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, and at least one year of experience in a similar role is required/preferred
- Experience working for a law firm is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be highly organized, possess excellent communication (oral and written) skills; the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment; a very strong attention to detail; resourceful and proactive; and a professional demeanor. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate with lawyers, staff, and external third parties to provide excellent client service and advance the CareerLink’s reputation for excellence. Finally, discretion and care is required as this role entails exposure to sensitive information.
- Candidate must be flexible to work overtime as needed.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with OneNote is a plus.
Please apply online using the following link: https://staffjobsus.kirkland.com/jobs/3646460-careerlink-assistant?bid=4648