Proskauer Rose is one of the nation's largest law firms, providing a wide variety of legal services to clients throughout the United States and around the world from offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Boston, Boca Raton, Newark, New Orleans, Paris, London, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong and Beijing.
Proskauer is seeking a technically savvy, detail-oriented, critical thinker to join the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Coordinator will support all aspects of the employee lifecycle while working closely with other members of the Firm’s HR and management teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Recruiting Supervisor, hiring managers and HR colleagues to coordinate the staff recruiting process from start to finish including job description creation, posting, sourcing, agency outreach, scheduling, interviewing, and offer extension
- Use Taleo to source and track candidate activity. Work with Recruiting Supervisor to analyze data from Taleo to track hiring trends and improve hiring methods
- Perform pre-offer due diligence, including reference checking and background screenings
- Conduct weekly staff New Hire Orientation, and assist with lawyer orientation as needed
- Utilize and maintain information in the HRIS database
- Work closely with HR Assistant to support all departmental processes, including maintaining employee files, responding to HR telephone inquiries and employment and salary verifications, processing payment and tracking of departmental expenses, and updating departmental organizational charts.
- Liaise with vendors and Director of Human Resources to execute standard agency agreements
- Work with HR colleagues and Immigration Counsel on firmwide Immigration activity
- Coordinate various employee programs such as anniversary recognition gifts and Administrative Professionals Day
- Support the annual performance management review processes for the Staff population
- Delegate and oversee HR department intern assignments
- Other duties and projects, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years of work experience, preferably in HR with an emphasis on Recruiting
- Fluency with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Visio
- Experience with Taleo preferred
- Experience with HRIS programs, Oracle software a plus
- Strong writing, presentation and analytical skills
- Ability to easily shift priorities in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- High level of attention to detail
- Work overtime as needed