Website Hogan Lovells US LLP
The Associate Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for coordinating legal recruitment (including for associate, judicial clerk, attorney, summer associate and visiting international attorneys) for the New York and Boston offices, as well as collaborating on special projects and associate recruitment initiatives with other Hogan Lovells US offices as assigned. The coordinator will work primarily with the New York Recruitment Manager, and also with the International Assignments and Secondments Manager, as well as other department members when requested.
Associate/Attorney/Summer Associate RECRUITMENT & OUTREACH:
· Register for and coordinate on-campus interviews at law schools and job fairs for the New York office and other HL US offices when appropriate, prepare materials to be distributed to on-campus interviewers in advance of interviews and coordinate follow up activity with interviewers following law school visits;
· Schedule, coordinate and troubleshoot all aspects of law student and law school outreach events as assigned. Keep managers, law school team members and participating attorneys informed of status of each event.
· Schedule, coordinate and troubleshoot all aspects of associate, judicial clerk, attorney, summer associate and visiting international attorney in-office interviews as assigned. Keep managers and relevant practice groups, law school team leaders, and recruitment committee members informed of status of each candidate;
· Track candidate outcomes, including offer outreach, follow up meetings and events (including additional interviews and/or lunches, dinners and receptions). Inform interviewers and other key contacts of outcomes and follow up activity. Communicate with candidates and search firms regarding their status as appropriate;
· Oversee candidate travel and reimbursements;
· Monitor the processing of conflict forms, background checks and ensure that references have been checked as appropriate;
· Coordinate the onboarding and integration of new hires for New York and Boston offices by acting as a point person until their arrival, preparing pre-arrival documentation, overseeing orientation in collaboration with managers and other coordinators, checking in with new hires on a periodic basis, and ensuring a smooth transition to the firm;
· Work closely with Legal Recruitment Manager to plan, organize and execute the Summer Associate Program in the New York and Boston offices, including coordination of summer associate events and social activities, some of which will be held during the evenings;
· Track summer associate work assignments and evaluations and prepare evaluation files for mid-summer and exit evaluations;
· Serve as a contact and information resource for summer associates;
· Work collaboratively with Associate Recruitment Department members to support other functional areas, special projects and general department administration as needed.
· Serve a a point of contact for London Trainees, German Referendare, and Visiting International Lawyers, including coordination with international offices and HL administrative teams during transition to and from home location;
· Communicate with relevant practice sponsors and HL immigration lawyers to develop training, development and integration plans.
· Update and organize recruitment information, including informational reference materials for internal use by firm personnel;
· Keep abreast of changes in firm policies and procedures as they apply to the attorney recruiting process and implement changes as needed;
· Mentor junior team members including assistants and interns;
· Handle additional administrative tasks as requested;
· All members of the firm are encouraged to participate in our Global Citizenship program;
· And other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED SKILLS
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required;
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with a service-oriented approach. Have ability to communicate and interact effectively with candidates, all levels of firm personnel, and a variety of external entities in a courteous and professional manner;
· Ability to juggle multiple assignments and adapt to changing priorities;
· Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and be able to work with a high degree of independence;
· Ability to exercise discretion, good judgment, flexibility and maintain confidential information at all times;
· Proficiency with Word & Excel is required. Experience working in Symplicity (Law School recruiting and communications tool) and an applicant tracking software required, viRecruit or LawCruit is preferred; experience with Workday (human resources application) is preferred.
· The candidate must have flexibility to work overtime as needed (particularly in May – August);
· Experience with global mobility is preferred, but not required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree required;
· A minimum of 3-4 years of legal or campus recruiting experience in a law firm or professional services environment required (law firm experience preferred).
HOURS Core Hours, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (including 1 hour for lunch) with overtime as needed. This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined. Hogan Lovells is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.
To apply please click here.