Website Gunderson Dettmer
Gunderson Dettmer, a 400+ lawyer business law firm singularly focused on the global venture capital and emerging technology marketplace, seeks to hire a Legal Recruiting Assistant to support our growing Legal Recruiting team. This position is currently remote and will be based in the New York City office of Gunderson Dettmer, but will support multiple offices. This is an exciting role for a candidate seeking to learn about recruiting in a law firm environment. The ideal candidate will thrive on working closely with others and enjoy multitasking to collaborate on various projects. We are committed to being the employer of choice by working together to create an environment, in which each of our people can grow, take initiative, and develop a fun, fulfilling and financially rewarding career.
- Assist with and maintaining candidate and training databases, including correspondence to candidates and recruiters, collecting evaluations and generating reports;
- Prepare documents and correspondence, including offer letters and outreach to law school career services and student organizations;
- Maintain Legal Recruiting intranet page, job postings and on-campus recruiting events on external website;
- Assist with updating department calendars;
- Schedule interviews and manage logistics, including conference room reservations, catering and video conference logistics, and circulating calendar invitations;
- Host candidates during interviews, including greeting candidates and facilitating their interview schedule throughout the day;
- Provide support for Summer Associate programs;
- Attend law school and student events;
- Serve as a contact for external recruiters.
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Prior human resources, professional development, recruiting, event planning or administrative experience in an office environment preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook, with knowledge of Excel;
- Experience with recruiting databases such as LawCruit preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Superior organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines;
- The use of good judgment and discretion;
- Ability to work across multiple offices and to occasionally be available to do overtime, as needed.
In addition to offering competitive salaries, we also offer an excellent benefit package, which includes full medical, dental and vision coverage; 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan; Flexible Spending Account and Paid Time Off.
Interested applicants should apply directly to the posting on our careers site.