Website Goodwin Procter LLP
Make an impact at Goodwin, where we partner with our clients to practice law with integrity, ingenuity, agility and ambition. Our 1,400 lawyers across the United States, Europe and Asia excel at complex transactions, high-stakes litigation and world-class advisory services in the technology, life sciences, real estate, private equity and financial industries. Our unique combination of deep experience serving both the innovators and investors in a rapidly-changing, technology-driven economy sets us apart. Also a global destination for business professionals, Goodwin’s team of professional staff was named in 2019 the “Best Business Team” by The American Lawyer.
Goodwin’s New York Talent Acquisition Team is growing!
As the New York Summer Associate Talent Acquisition Manager, you will manage the on-campus recruiting process, the summer program, onboarding of first year associates and working with law school relations. This role reports to New York Talent Acquisition Manager. The Summer Associate Manager is a “face of the firm” for New York summer associate hires, and is called upon to ensure recruiting efforts and initiatives run smoothly and consistently.
What you do:
- On-Campus Recruiting: Plan and execute on-campus and call-back interviews. Evaluate resumes, participate in strategy planning as well as making hiring recommendations, lead hiring committee meetings, and provide statistical reporting for weekly hiring committee meetings. Orchestrate follow-up strategy for candidates, including offer dinners/events and individualized directed follow-up as needed and attend hospitality suites. Responsible for any 1L and 3L hiring.
- Summer Program: Manage summer program which includes event planning, work assignment allocation, coordinating work evaluations and final reviews. Other responsibilities include creating and overseeing summer orientation, offers, tracking attendance at events, managing the New York summer associate program budget, working with outside vendors, etc.
- Law School Relations: Work with the Law School Relations Manager regarding OCI process, effective recruitment methods, candidate-specific issues, sponsorship and other proposals for firm participation at law schools. Act as lead organizer for student groups and Career Services Office-led activities.
- Firm wide Initiatives & Ad Hoc Projects: The Manager works closely with the Training and Professional Development team to support firm wide recruiting, retention, and diversity initiatives. Assist with ad hoc projects and initiatives as needed.
- Statistical & Other Reporting Responsibilities: Oversees preparation and compilation of legal hiring statistics book, and other statistical information throughout the year. Assists with dissemination of information to relevant members of firm leadership. Assist with updating necessary statistical data needed for surveys and reporting materials to Management, the Hiring Committee, and Human Resources, when necessary.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 6+ years of work experience, preferably in law firm or professional services firm. Prior law firm recruitment experience or law school career services experience strongly preferred.
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize workload.
- Must be able to handle pressure, extended hours (if requested), and work on multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, professional demeanor and ability to interact effectively with all levels of firm personnel, as well as others outside of the firm.
- Sound judgment and creative problem solving skills, and ability to respect, protect and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Willingness to participate in weeknight events required.
- Occasional travel required.
Goodwin Procter LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Goodwin Procter LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Please note: Various agencies of the United States government require employers to collect information on applicants and employees. The National Association of Law Placement (NALP) and certain clients request us to keep track of certain aggregate information regarding lawyers. EEO information requested on this application is for purposes of compliance with these recordkeeping and reporting requirements and to determine recruiting and employment patterns. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
Thank you for your interest in Goodwin Procter LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click here.