Website Gibson Dunn & Crutcher LLP
The Recruiting Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all activities and processes involved in on-campus recruiting throughout each recruiting season and all aspects of lateral associate recruiting and hiring. This position is an integral part of the New York Recruiting team, which partners with the Chief Recruiting Officer in all phases of recruiting and development efforts for new attorneys, lateral hires, transfers, and summer associates while accomplishing these and other critical functions. The Recruiting Coordinator will report to the New York Recruiting Associate Director and Recruiting Manager.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the New York Recruiting team in planning and managing the office’s overall recruitment efforts, including summer, new, and lateral associate recruiting;
- Act as liaison to summer associates, law school career services offices, prospective lateral candidates, and Gibson Dunn lawyers and staff to ensure smooth hiring process;
- Assist in reviewing and selecting summer, new and lateral candidates’ applications for consideration by Hiring Committee;
- Assist in preparing and managing summer program budget and calendar of events and collaborate with the summer program planning team;
- Coordinate and attend summer associate social events;
- Organize and assist in the management of the on-campus interview logistics for the office’s assigned schools and firm-wide interview teams;
- Coordinate callback interviews and follow-up for recruits, including follow-up dinners for the office’s assigned schools or office recruits, one-on-one connections, etc.;
- Coordinate interview and offer extension process and correspond directly with candidates;
- Analyze on campus results and strategize for annual on campus events and activities, including diversity, for the office’s assigned schools;
- Maintain recruiting records, hiring reports, and statistics;
- Manage New York Recruiting Assistant;
- Attend the annual Hiring Committee Spring Meeting;
- Attend New York legal recruiting professional association meetings and events;
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidate must have initiative and exhibit independent thinking and creativity.
- Excellent written and oral communication is essential.
- The candidate must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle high volume, and be a team player.
- Must consistently display good judgment and maintain confidence of personal and sensitive information.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
A minimum of two (2) years of recruiting experience is preferred.
Proficiency in the use of computer programs including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
Experience with applicant tracking programs (i.e. ViRecruit) is preferred.
Gibson Dunn will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of local law.