Website Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
The Coordinator – Legal Talent Office, Diversity & Inclusion (“D&I”) will help plan and coordinate the firm’s diversity and inclusion programs and events. They will be responsible for coordinating relevant D&I programs and meetings, supporting the firm’s various affinity networks and Women’s Initiative Committee (“WIC”), and assisting in the development and implementation of D&I initiatives.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan and coordinate D&I programs and events (e.g., heritage month celebrations, Diversity Mock Interview Program, annual Student Diversity Leadership Summit, speaker series, co-sponsorships with organizations, summer program diversity events, etc.).
- Schedule meetings and prepare relevant materials for the Diversity Committee, affinity networks, and the WIC.
- Update and maintain various sections of the D&I intranet and website pages.
- Assist with research and responses to external and internal D&I surveys, RFPs and other client requests.
- Compile and prepare data in response to D&I related surveys.
- Maintain internal D&I calendar and help track budget.
- Assist with producing content for various D&I marketing collateral, including the annual Diversity & Inclusion and Women’s Leadership brochures.
- Research and assist in the development and coordination of pipeline initiatives.
- Assist Associate Director and other members of the Legal Talent Office in administration and scheduling of diversity training.
- Provide general assistance to the Legal Recruiting team, including support of the Summer Associate Program and callback interview process. (e.g., data entry, greeting candidates).
- Assist with other administrative duties, as assigned, and provide support for the Associate Director as needed.
The scheduled hours for this position are 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The incumbent may be required to work overtime depending on the needs of the firm.
In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the firm’s information security policies, protecting firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
- Self-starter with high level of attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong writer, editor, and proofreader.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; an ability to work effectively with a wide-range of lawyers and staff.
- Proficiency in standard spreadsheet, database, word processing, and presentation applications (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and generate quality work product in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information and sensitive matters with discretion and professionalism.
- A commitment to the highest standards of excellence and professionalism that are the hallmarks of Sullivan & Cromwell’s legal practice.
Education and/or experience
- A minimum of one year of experience working for a law firm, financial institution or other professional services firm. Prior D&I or recruiting experience preferred.
- BA or equivalent required.
Work environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, click here