Website Blank Rome LLP
The Attorney Recruiting Specialist focuses on the Firm-wide approach to the recruitment of lateral Associates, Counsel, and Summer Associates across the Firm, and coordinates and oversees the recruitment of these lawyers in New York, as well as other assigned offices.
- Report to the Associate Director of Attorney Recruiting, and work closely with the legal recruiting team and Hiring Partners to handle the recruitment process from initial interview through ultimate hiring.
- Execute recruitment process for student candidates, including on-campus interview program and callback interviews.
- Work with legal recruiting team to develop, plan, and assist with Firm-wide Summer Program. Execute the New York Summer Program in coordination with team as well as Hiring Partners, local Recruiting Committee members, and attorneys, including trainings, events (planning, executing, and attending), work assignments, mentoring relationships, Practice Group placement, and extension of offers.
- Work in internal databases and prepare candidate correspondence.
- Partner with other Firm functions, including Professional Development, Practice Management, Innovation and Value, and Human Resources Operations, and develop and maintain relationships with legal placement firms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years of attorney recruiting experience.
- Experience with viDesktop a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical and computer skills: Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel required.
- Client service oriented: Can effectively interface with attorneys at all levels, law school administrators, legal recruiters, and staff. Highly responsive.
- Team player: Works collaboratively and collegially, and thrives in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong organizational/detail skills: Accurate, precise, and follows up regularly and appropriately.
- Able to prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Works well under pressure.
- Motivated and proactive: Takes initiative. Eager to take ownership.
- Able to plan ahead, push projects forward, meet deadlines, and stay on top of follow through.
- Strong work ethic.
- Respects the confidentiality of personal and sensitive information.
- Ability to work additional/flexible hours as needed, on evenings and weekends outside of normal working hours.
- Active listening skills.
- Physical Demands: Ability to sit for long periods of time and handle light lifting.