Website Winston & Strawn LLP
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Attorney Recruiting & Development Manager – East (US), the Attorney Recruiting & Development Specialist will assist in managing all aspects of the recruitment, hiring and integration of summer associates, entry-level associates and lateral associates for our NY office. This individual will work closely with Office Managing Partner and local practice group leaders, the Hiring Committee, the Summer Chairs and Committee, the Regional Director of Administration, and senior leadership in the Attorney Recruiting & Development Department.
- Execute law student, entry, judicial clerk and lateral attorney recruiting for the NY office.
- Work closely with Senior Manager and coordinate in-office interviews for all associate candidates.
- Manage robust orientation, onboarding and integration process for entry level and lateral associates.
- Assist and provide local support for national hiring initiatives and a variety of communication initiatives, including development and production of recruiting materials, gather research and maintain competitive data, as well as assist with programs and diversity initiatives to include the development of strategic marketing initiatives to attract top legal talent.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with various law school careers services personnel to facilitate the Firm’s recruiting efforts.
- Partner with associates and department and firm management on issues related to associate lifecycle.
- Administration of the on-campus and in-office interview process for law students including execution of evening interview programs and receptions, coordination of target school offer dinners and individual student follow up.
- Ensure the due diligence process for summer associate, entry-level and lateral candidates is completed.
- Manage all aspects of the summer associate program, including attendance at summer program events and trainings.
- Provide support and assist with lateral partner hiring and integration on an as need basis.
- Assist with survey preparation and report generation; Oversee the applicant tracking database.
- Ability to work successfully as a team within the firm-wide Attorney Recruiting & Development department.
- Track school sponsorship requests and work with senior manager and school captain/partner to determine level of participation. Staff events as needed.
- Support senior manager and team captains to create strategic plans and determine recruiting teams. Represent firm on campus in hospitality suites for assigned schools.
- Manage formal mentoring program.
- Supervise department staff as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- 4+ years of law firm recruiting experience required.
- Experience supervising one or more support personnel is preferred.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of legal recruiting practices and procedures.
- Excellent judgment, professionalism, leadership, organization and team-management skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and project a strong and positive image of the Firm.
- Strong managerial skills, including the ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
- Technology savvy, resourceful, and strong PC skills to include the MS Office Suite™ (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and ViDesktop preferred.
- Proficiency and experience with social media outlets such as GlassDoor and Linkedin preferred.
- Must be able to manage a high volume of work with accuracy and a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills and can work autonomously and in a team environment.
- Self- motivated, energetic, self -starter with excellent client service skills.
WE VALUE DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled (EOE=Equal Opportunity Employer)