Website Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world by relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity to deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. By relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
We are seeking an Associate Engagement Project Assistant to join our Firm. Within this position, you will be responsible for handling daily administrative tasks and assisting in all Associate Engagement events and initiatives. This position will be based in our New York office and has a hybrid in-office/remote working schedule.
As the Associate Engagement Project Assistant you will:
- Handle daily administrative activities of the department, including scheduling meetings, generating correspondence, and responding to informational requests.
- Support implementation of Firm social and community building events and activities.
- Assist with the onboarding of incoming associates, including updating and maintaining the internal new associate website.
- Aid in all tasks associated with Mentor Programs.
- Provide administrative support in organizing and implementing diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) related programming.
- Liaise with vendors to schedule webinars, post announcements on the intranet, and coordinate in-office visits.
- Aid in the creation and implementation of periodic pulse and engagement surveys.
- Contribute to the planning of onboarding and integration efforts.
Assist the coordination of the annual Corporate Challenge, including marketing, registration, catering arrangements, t-shirt design, and day-of logistics.
- Process check requests for various expenses.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Ability to interact courteously and effectively with others
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of one year administrative experience
The starting base salary for this New York position is expected to be between $60,000 to $65,000 annually. Actual salary will be determined based on skills, experience (to the extent relevant) and other-job related factors, consistent with applicable law.
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community, and spirit of collaboration we have created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity, and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only make us better and is vital to the Firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the Firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional staff.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k), and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.