Website Arnold & Porter
The Talent Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Professional Development Coordinator in the New York office. The Professional Development Coordinator handles a variety of responsibilities related to attorney continuing learning education (CLE) compliance and the coordination of in-house training, mentoring programs, career development programs and firmwide retreats.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting program implementation for the Corporate & Finance and Real Estate practice group trainings as well as supporting program implementation for the summer associate, new associate and various firmwide and other practice group trainings held in the NY office (or virtually, as the case may be) in collaboration with the firmwide Professional Development (PD) Team.
- Coordinating the collection and analysis of feedback from in-house training programs and recommending improvements based on feedback.
- Collecting, organizing, and maintaining CLE course materials and files for in-house training programs.
- Developing internal marketing emails for the professional development department.
- Updating the firmwide training calendar to include all in-house training programs.
- Managing and updating the PLI roster and responding to questions as needed.
- Coordinating logistics and CLE submissions for PLI groupcasts.
- Providing logistical support for firmwide retreats such as the New Associate Retreat, Summer Associate Training Forum, Trial School, Deposition Skills Training, Mid-Level Leadership Forum, Senior Associate Leadership Training and Deal School.
- Assisting with the administrative aspects of the New Associate integration, including the planning and implementation of New Associates Committee (NACHO) initiatives and integration events, mentor assignments and mentor social events and coordinating A&P Academy trainings.
- Assisting with and providing logistical support for the career development process. Serving as a liaison to Professional Development Leaders and other partners and counsel to help manage their meetings.
- Maintaining and analyzing departmental data related to training programs, Associate Shadowing Program, mentoring, etc.
- Posting and maintaining job postings on the alumni website job posting portal.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience.
Minimum of three years of related experience in a professional services, corporate or law firm environment.
- Strong proficiency using databases, online search functions, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Experience with CE Manager a plus.
- Excellent administrative and strong project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Possess reliability, dependability and motivation.
- Excellent problem solving, organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail is paramount.
- Exceptional client service, both internal and external.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster .
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our firm's equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Click here to apply: https://www.arnoldporter.com/en/careers/professional-staff/current-opportunities