Website Arnold & Porter
The Practice Management Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Practice Group Manager in the New York or DC office. The Practice Group Manager will play a key role with the Practice Group Leaders, partnering with the Practice Management Team, Chief Talent Officer, Business Development and Finance and Accounting Teams in managing the business operations for the Corporate and Finance Practice Group to provide seamless quality service to lawyers and timekeeping staff, creating a cohesive team across all offices.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Working closely with Practice Group Leaders to:
- Develop and implement all practice-level strategic and operational initiatives.
- Serve as a knowledge resource of on-the-ground practice activity and execute on day-to-day operations.
- Identify and address operational issues to support attorney efficiency in matter management.
Managing practice group resources by:
- Tracking matter activity and timekeeper capacity to provide Staffing Partners with informed assignment recommendations.
- Evaluating practice group needs on an ongoing basis, identifying gaps in attorney resources and preparing needs analyses to support practice group recruiting efforts.
Ensuring regular information flow and data sharing by:
- Developing substantive agendas and presentations for practice group meetings.
- Preparing other practice group communications with Practice Group Leaders.
Liaising with other administrative departments to ensure seamless service for all practice group needs, including:
- Finance: regularly analyze practice group’s financial data and recommend reporting needs.
- Business Development: identify appropriate resources at all attorney levels for new business initiatives and to ensure lateral partner integration success.
- Talent Development: collaborate on all initiatives related to associate development and retention, including mentoring, evaluations, reviews, promotions and practice-specific associate training.
- Knowledge Management: identify and develop innovative technological resources to improve data sharing, matter management and overall productivity.
- Acting as a trusted confidante for attorneys at all levels.
- Bachelor‘s degree. Master’s degree or J.D. a plus.
Relevant law firm or professional services, operations and management
- experience. Experience with transactional law is a plus.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Must possess financial, analytical and project management skills.
- Demonstrates strategic focus, self-motivation, and a drive to action.
- Ability to work independently as well on a team and has the ability to collaborate effectively across offices and practice areas. Ability to build relationships and gain the trust of the attorneys.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, in oral and written form, with people at all levels within the Firm.
- Exhibits significant attention to detail and produce high quality deliverables.
- Must possess good judgment and decision making skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our firm's equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Please apply by visiting: