Website Arnold & Porter
The Diversity & Inclusion Team of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Diversity & Inclusion Data Analyst. This position can be located in the Chicago, DC, Denver, Houston, New York, or Tallahassee office. The D&I Data Analyst will have firm-wide responsibility to advance the firm’s overarching D&I strategy through the development of in-depth data analytics that coordinate, monitor and analyze data related to diversity, inclusion, and engagement. The D&I Data Analyst is primarily responsible for assisting the Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer with developing, utilizing, and completing reports, presentations, and surveys that support the firm’s ability to measure its progress towards its strategic goals. In addition, the D&I Analyst works with other members of the D&I team to contribute to firm-wide initiatives and special projects, as needed, to advance recruiting, retention, development, and promotion efforts for lawyers and administrative professionals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the preparation and submission of timely and accurate quarterly and annual reports; and collaborating with departments to gather and analyze statistical information.
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of client and industry surveys.
- Performing in-depth data analytics, including quantitative, statistical and comparative analysis, to determine patterns and recognize trends; prepare a variety of reports and presentations for practice groups, administrative departments, management, and clients.
- Translating data into written reports, tables, graphs and charts (including developing creative data visualizations to illustrate key findings); interpreting data results to provide written commentary that articulates pertinent findings.
- Supporting the development and refinement of performance metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of activities supporting the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Plan; performing ad-hoc analysis to enhance understanding of identified metrics.
- Conducting research to provide insight on the firm’s performance trends and identified target ranges using publicly available industry and system data.
- Collaborating with colleagues to help design and manage research projects through all stages of the project life-cycle.
- Working closely with various team members on multiple concurrent projects.
- Developing and creating questionnaires, reports, and presentations.
- Reviewing and providing recommendations regarding proper controls and procedures to ensure the integrity of the reports; identify opportunities for continuous system and process improvements and lead the development of supporting processes.
- Checking the accuracy of scripts, codes and data tables.
- Helping build and deliver interactive, visual representations of data.
Supporting operational functions of the D&I Team including, but not limited to, the CDIO and the D&I Committee, providing support for the development, implementation, analysis of pulse surveys, focus groups, and other quantitative and qualitative data collection activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, statistics or related field required.
- Minimum two (2) years of related experience with strategic initiative project management, process and performance improvement, data analytics and reporting metrics required.
- Proven track record with strong written and oral communication, analytical skills, data visualization and project management skills; high level of attention to detail and accuracy; ability to routinely manage large data sets, required.
- Experience in diversity and inclusion in the legal industry or another professional services industry is a plus.
High proficiency with Microsoft Office products required; proficiency with BigSquare, Tableau, or other data visualization tools as well as viDesktop and HTML skills preferred.
- Ability to lead effectively while being a team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, and a demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently while collaborating effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Strong presentation skills and initiative.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.
- Ability to make sound decisions and demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.
Ability to strategically maintain financial/budgetary information and prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Strong problem solving and exceptional client services both internal and external skills.
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our firm's equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.