Website Allen & Overy LLP
Peerpoint by Allen & Overy
Peerpoint by Allen & Overy is a pioneering business with a mission to change the way the legal industry works. Fast-paced and fast-growing, we operate as a start-up within the auspices of top global law firm Allen & Overy. We are proud to be the leading global platform for self-directed lawyers; those seeking to develop a portfolio of experiences by taking on challenging interim roles working in-house with clients or within Allen & Overy practice groups.
A dynamic, autonomous business within Allen & Overy’s Advanced Delivery & Solutions portfolio, Peerpoint is a fun and rewarding place to work and is leading the way in introducing real change and opportunity for lawyers and clients alike.
Department purpose and structure
The Peerpoint team at Allen & Overy provides a first class service to the business, offering strategic business advice, pragmatic solutions and quality support services in the full range of its functions.
Peerpoint is expanding into the United States to meet client demand. We are seeking a Resourcing and Talent Manager to join Peerpoint’s United States team, based in New York. This is an exciting time for the business and an opportunity for the right candidate to make this role your own.
As part of a small US team, the role will manage all aspects of Peerpoint’s recruitment and talent management process in the US, primarily focused initially on developing our East Coast panel of lawyers. This involves strategic candidate identification and outreach, CV screening, interviewing, the selection of suitable candidates, and managing candidates through the process in line with our rigorous quality standards.
As building an interim portfolio career is a relatively new concept for lawyers, an important part of this role will be to guide lawyers through the with professionalism and care, providing them with the information and tools to make an informed decision about their next career move and assessing their aptitude for interim placements.
As we continue to grow our market share and look to attract the best talent, direct candidate sourcing activity, marketing recruitment campaigns and community events will also be key components of the role.
• Head of Peerpoint US
• Potential recruitment candidates and US-based Peerpoint lawyers
• Peerpoint’s global Resourcing and Talent teams
• Allen & Overy’s US recruitment and HR team
• Allen & Overy partners
Role and responsibilities
To enable Peerpoint’s launch and growth in the US market, this role will work alongside the Head of Peerpoint US, managing all aspects of Peerpoint’s recruitment and talent management process in the US. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
– developing/ driving direct-sourcing campaigns aligned with Peerpoint client demand (e.g. direct contact with target lawyers, preliminary conversations and gathering and sharing market intelligence.)
– owning the candidate assessment process in the US, from initial contact through to endorsement onto our panel of ‘best in class’ Peerpoint lawyers.
– tracking and managing candidates at each stage using the online recruitment system (Kenexa) and reporting in a way that aligns with global reporting and forecasting frameworks.
– managing strategic local and international recruitment initiatives.
– working with the Global Marketing and Community Managers to plan thought leadership initiatives, social media campaigns and the production of printed collateral.
– contributing original ideas to the US Peerpoint business planning process and executing all of the above in a way which reflects a good knowledge of market trends and competitors, and supply and demand.
Peerpoint lawyer management:
– holding preliminary conversations with prospective Peerpoint lawyers, explaining clearly and honestly the benefits and risks of an interim portfolio career.
– ensuring that the Peerpoint management team understands candidate and Peerpoint lawyer objectives for interim placements and the circumstances impacting their preferences in this career path.
– establishing a local strategy for and deliver on Peerpoint’s commitment to providing a Peerpoint lawyer community experience – from onboarding and induction through to networking events, relevant training and development opportunities and regular communications.
– providing coaching to Peerpoint lawyers, covering areas such as career development, opportunity assessment and feedback, and mind-set alignment.
– playing a key role in the marketing and role readiness of Peerpoint lawyers (e.g. through resume development).
This individual will work closely with other members of the Peerpoint team as well as the wider Allen & Overy firm community.
– experience of managing recruitment processes in a high-quality, high-touch, fast-paced environment, whether in-house or agency side. Knowledge of the New York or Washington DC market is desirable. Exposure to top tier legal or professional services recruitment would be useful.
– outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to quickly establish rapport, build trust and demonstrate credibility with a range of personalities.
– excellent interviewing skills; insightful, incisive and tenacious, yet empathetic and supportive.
– organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
– flexibility to work across time zones, and within a technology focused environment.
– enthusiasm for our business and grasp of potential future opportunities.