Website Allen & Overy LLP
Peerpoint by Allen & Overy
Peerpoint by Allen & Overy is a pioneering business with a mission to change the way the legal industry works. Fast-paced and fast-growing, we operate as a start-up within the auspices of top global law firm Allen & Overy. We are proud to be the leading global platform for self-directed lawyers; those seeking to develop a portfolio of experiences by taking on challenging interim roles working in-house with clients or within Allen & Overy practice groups.
A dynamic, autonomous business within Allen & Overy’s Advanced Delivery & Solutions portfolio, Peerpoint is a fun and rewarding place to work and is leading the way in introducing real change and opportunity for lawyers and clients alike.
Department purpose and structure
The Peerpoint team at Allen & Overy provides a first class service to the business, offering strategic business advice, pragmatic solutions and quality support services in the full range of its functions.
Peerpoint is expanding into the United States to meet client demand. To enable Peerpoint’s launch and growth in the US market, we are seeing an experienced executive/specialist to join our New York-based team and support the Head of Peerpoint US with attorney onboarding, placement management, commercial operations and projects. This is an exciting time for the business and an opportunity to join a team with big aspirations.
• Peerpoint global team
• Allen & Overy fee earners
Role and responsibilities
Peerpoint lawyer onboarding (“new joiners”)
• Lead on all on-boarding activities including initiating and overseeing pre-hire screens (run by an external agency, Vero), managing formal communications to candidates and providing support to Peerpoint lawyers through the screening process.
• Maintain relevant new joiner trackers and assist with ad hoc queries.
• Prepare first drafts of commercial paperwork, with support from the UK-based Contracts team
Operational placement support
• Coordinate placement logistics for both client and Peerpoint lawyers at the point a new assignment is contracted on for a lawyer and client.
• Liaise with relevant Peerpoint teams and other A&O groups (including HR, Finance, IT Systems, and secretarial groups) to ensure smooth commencement of assignments
• Set up timesheet systems and invoicing process or payroll framework, according to the Peerpoint lawyers’s engagement terms
Commercial and financial coordination
• Monitor Peerpoint lawyer timesheets, review and check invoices, oversee timely completion of accounts payable and payroll records, record and instruct Finance teams on payments and salaries.
• Assist with month end preparation, client billing processes, issuance of instructions to the Billing team and follow up on outstanding bills.
• Complete month end close out on Peerpoint systems, “Period Management”
• Maintain invoice, payroll and timesheet trackers and assist with ad hoc queries.
Projects and Team Support
• Assist with operational improvement projects and documentation of new processes to support our global growth agenda.
• Ad hoc team calendar support.
This individual will work closely with other members of the Peerpoint team as well as the wider Allen & Overy firm community.
• Excellent organizational skills, able to run processes to meet deadlines, prioritize and judge when to escalate.
• Strong written skills, able to draft formal documents (using standard templates and with guidance).
• A high level of numeracy and very strong attention to detail.
• Process minded and confident to work with new technologies and systems.
• Strong communication skills, which will be called on with clients and third parties as well as internally – a key contributor to an exemplary Peerpoint lawyer and client experience.
• A pragmatic, proactive, self-possessed, delivery-focused approach, whilst able to spot opportunities for improvement.
• Experience in business operations in a professional or financial services environment.
• Enthusiasm for being part of a global growth business, motivated to contribute on different fronts and to grasp opportunities as they arise.
• Passion, enthusiasm, vision, creativity and confidence.
In return we offer you
• A fun and dynamic environment to learn, develop and stretch yourself.
• Dedication in supporting and empowering you to grow and progress in your career.
• A supportive team environment that recognizes and rewards your commitment and success.
• The opportunity to work with an inspiring and experienced senior management team to shape and develop the future of the business.
• Excellent benefits package